6.21.2008

People Say

When I was in probably 6th grade or so I started writing down my ideas in these one page entries called, 'People Say.' I must have given them to my sister because she kept them and took them out to show me recently. I thought I would share the brilliance that was going on in my 11 year old head. For some reason I signed it as noted at the bottom. (It starts with #3 and I tried to preserve the spelling and grammar)



People Say # 3
People say religion is important. So Catholics get married and divorced 8 times. People say family values are important. So they let their kids watch South Park. People say things they want to do and believe. But untill they know, they can't really say.
Farla Caine
Age 11
N.Y.

People Say #4
People say they are tired when they get home from work. When really all they did was go around talking about nonsense with co-workers. I've noticed you could talk with a group of 11-year-olds or a group of people in the their forties about a stupid sitcom and the 11-year-olds would be more intellectual! Kids are like all the other superficial people in society.
Farla Caines
Age 11
N.Y.

5 comments:

b said...

Wait, so Farla Caine, Age 11, NY, is actually you??

Genius. Fabulous.

ap said...

Yes, that was me. I have no idea where or why I came up with that name, but I do remember wanting to move to New York. I guess I changed my mind...

Shawbee said...

Wise, young Farla

Kate Mooney said...

ap, i wish we could have been friends when we were 11. u lil sassy sasssss

Anonymous said...

People should read this.