1.23.2010

M.J. at Summer Jam, Obama on the text

For those of you who may not have quite the love affair I have with hip-hop, the title of this post is a line in Jay-Z's song, "On To The Next One" on his newest album, The Blueprint 3.

As I was walking around in D.C. last weekend with my dear friend Scott, I asked him if he thought President Obama and Jay-Z really exchange text messages. After all, Scott did work for the Obama campaign. From there, we opined on possible texts between the two. This begins a (hopefully) weekly post on President Obama's text messages to Jay-Z.

  • "Man Jay, Scott Brown sure is giving Kanye a run for his money when it comes to putting foot in mouth."
  • "I know everyone thinks I'm being a wimp lately. People need to realize that I'm not a countryman, I'm the country, man." (courtesy of AP)
  • "Hey, is Beyonce available this weekend? I'd love it if she could teach Michelle some of her dance moves."

4 comments:

ap said...

Maybe Barack will start following our blog!!!!

http://gawker.com/5456368/barack-obamas-blogroll

B to J after meeting Khloe
"J - can you tell me how the Kardashians became famous??"

http://gawker.com/5456596/barack-obama-bows-to-kardashians

Unca D said...

Don't be raggin on the Kardashians.

ap said...

which one is your favorite? Mine is Khloe because she married Lamar Odom one month after she met him. That's classy.

b said...

I liked the really small one...before she became pregnant.