2.21.2009

Strrreaming Radio

I keep getting sick of my own music and wanting to hear something that might not necessarily come up on Pandora or Last.fm, but have only found a few good ones out there. SomaFM is an interesting one with ambient music that might be good for the background. WOBC will always have a special place in my heart and be my go-to when Car Talk comes on NPR, but when the folk shows come on, I can't really take it. Casbah Radio and Oh-la-la were recommended to me by a coworker, and are pretty great but I want more! Send me your tips, please.

4 comments:

Nick said...

FM94.9 - my favorite SD radio station; try Big Sonic Chill and Swami.

La 2x4 - Argentinean station that plays all tango, all the time. Stream can be sketchy sometimes, but very good when it works.

WFMU - All sorts of great, obscure stuff.

Ibiza Sonica - Balearic beats; good for downtempo, acid jazz and light techno.

Anonymous said...

http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/

i've been diggin' that one of late. there are several awesome classic live shows from a variety of bands. it has a decent selection of new stuff too; be sure to check out the 'catalogs' section. not sure if that's your thing, but you'll find something you'll love and it might be an interesting change of pace.

speaking of change of pace, most of the other stations i could mention...well..most find unlistenable. but if you're interested in all things metal, let me know and i'll post some.

ap said...

thanks guys. i have some listening to catch up on this weekend...

Anonymous said...

great sites for concert and show listings:

pollstar.com

jambase.com