4.09.2009

How I feel about New York, the city

I always used to think New York would be the ultimate city to live in, but after my most recent visit, I realized it's really just mean and dirty (see picture above for example of "mean"). Everything is a lot dirtier than San Francisco too. What really gets me is how everything, especially in Brooklyn is painted black. If it's not black, it's some other dark color. I understand dressing in black, but it seems like they take it a little too far out there.

In other news, B and I had dinner last night for the first time in exactly one week (whew!). I tried making a recipe from my Moosewood cookbook my sister gave me. It was essentially spinach leaves topped with this dressing of canned tomatoes, hot sauce, onions, peanut butter and cilantro then topped again with hard-boiled egg and sweet potato fries. It looked really strange but tasted surprisingly good. The ambiance was even better - candlelight and L.L. Cool J to really get us in the mood for 30 Rock.

6 comments:

Shawbee said...

"If you are looking for someone to go into space who has an irregular heartbeat and 15 million dollars, I am ready to leave tomorrow. I wrote that yesterday. I will be taking no questions."

Rose said...

so jealous. yummy food and 30rock

Rose said...

and candles and llcoolj, mooney and i should really go to SF

Julia D said...

I think NY is really dirty. But I've REALLY been missing the subway. I never took cabs in NY, but I have a feeling I'm going to have to start here. I already took one the other night when I didn't want to wait 40 minutes for the bus.

Alan said...

please tell me it was bigger and deffer or walking with a panther. ladies love cool james 'cause he spits hot fire on those records.

Lorin said...

oh shit candelight and LL...that just makes me think bad thoughts. You're jingling baby