8.15.2008

we are valueless

So, on JDB's blog he posted about his blog's worth. Apparently, this site allows you to put in your blog's URL and find out how much it's worth. JDB's was worth around $10K, so I was interested to find out what this one is worth. Well, here are the results....

I was really curious as to how this could be, so I tried to read up on this site to see how a value is determined. Initially I assumed it had to do with traffic and/or number of comments(ers); then I thought, well maybe it's that plus how often (or not) one updates the blog. When I finally found the site's "research", I admit, I was pretty confused. I think, but am not sure, that it simply has to do with how often (or not) you link to a set list of other sites and blogs, which seemed kind of lame. Maybe because the sites on that list have a certain value according to their advertising base...? The page says mostly techy words that I don't understand at all, but this is just the assumptive conclusion I came to. If anyone can read this research page and come to another conclusion, let me know. Anyways, just thought it was interesting. I can't decide if I'm disappointed or pleased that we are worth nothing, because, technically, couldn't that also mean we're priceless?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm pretty sure it has more to do with other sites linking your site ;)

better make more blog friends if you're lookin' to sell this sucker anytime soon.

ap said...

The market has us undervalued for what we have to offer.

Unknown said...

wait, I know JDB and his blog---he's priceless (that means the same thing as valueless, right??????)